Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Miami
Motorcycle accidents can lead to devastating injuries and accompanying medical costs. The victim of a motorcycle crash may incur significant bills associated with a long recovery and an inability to work. If you or someone you love suffered harm in a motorcycle crash, contact the lawyers at Flanagan Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Law Firm P.A. today to schedule a free initial consultation. Our attorneys work to help Miami families seek full and fair compensation for their material and immaterial losses.
- Personal injury and wrongful death are all we do. You have the benefit of an attorney who focuses solely on these cases and can secure maximum compensation for your injuries.
- We have not lost a case since the firm was founded.
- We offer free consultations. If you are unable to visit our office, we will gladly visit you in your home or your hospital room.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in a fatality compared with car accidents. Some of the most common causes include:
- Head-on collisions. The majority of motorcycle accidents involve a car striking a motorcycle in the front. Unfortunately, many motorists simply do not pay close enough attention to motorcyclists, which is a form of negligence that is often fatal.
- Cars making left turns. Motorists often misjudge the speed of a motorcyclist, a mistake that can prove devastating. A car may turn into a motorcycle when it is traveling straight through an intersection or passing the car on the left in a faster lane.
- Accidents in town. Finally, motorcyclists may be vulnerable to accidents when traveling in town. Motorists may open their car doors into a passing motorcyclist, for example.
The injuries a victim sustains in a motorcycle accident are often severe. Traumatic brain injuries, road rash, and fractures are common afflictions that require extensive medical treatment and feature a long road to recovery.
Who Is Liable in a Motorcycle Accident?
Liability in a motorcycle accident functions the same way as the liability in a car accident. Florida is one of a handful of states to observe a no-fault system of insurance, so in some cases, an injured motorcyclist may file a claim with his or her own insurance company, regardless of who is at fault. However, since injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident are more likely to be severe, motorcyclists can often step outside the no-fault system and file a traditional claim for damages.
Motorists are often at fault for motorcycle accidents simply because they are not as careful around motorcyclists as other cars. A motorcyclist can easily fit into a blind spot and it can be more difficult to judge their speed. This makes motorcyclists more vulnerable to injury.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
Most people assume they can handle accident cases on their own because of Florida’s no-fault system. The severity of motorcycle accidents means many victims can file claims against an at-fault driver. This process requires the guidance of an attorney. Insurance companies often try to take advantage of victims and their families by pressuring them into a low-ball settlement. Insurers tend to take claims more seriously and offer fairer settlement amounts with an attorney involved. An attorney is a victim’s best chance at receiving maximum compensation for a victim’s material and immaterial losses.
If you or someone you love recently suffered damages in a motorcycle accident, contact the lawyers at Flanagan Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Law Firm P.A. We help Miami families secure fair compensation for the full extent of their losses. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation.