Miami Coup Contrecoup Brain Injury Lawyer
Coup and contrecoup injuries are two separate types of brain injuries, and the names reference the relative point of impact of the injury. Regardless of which type of injury a person sustains (coup or countercoup), victims can face significant disabilities. At Flanagan Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Law Firm, we are here to help if you need a brain injury attorney to help with the coup or countercoup injury. Our competent and experienced team will conduct a complete investigation into your injury in an effort to secure any compensation you may be entitled to.
Why choose Flanagan Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Law Firm?
After sustaining a coup or countercoup brain injury, turn to an attorney with trusted experience handling these cases. Flanagan Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Law Firm is here to help.
- We have an extensive track record of success and regularly secure substantial settlements and verdicts on behalf of brain injury clients.
- We limit the number of cases that we take so that we can focus 100% of our energy on ensuring that you are properly cared for and secure the compensation you need.
- We take coup and countercoup brain injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need.
What will an attorney do to help?
Unfortunately, most brain injury victims do not have the resources needed to ensure that the person that caused their injury is held accountable. However, an attorney who specializes in coup and countercoup brain injuries will be able to conduct a full investigation in order to prove liability. An attorney can:
- Obtain any evidence needed to prove liability, including photo or video surveillance of the incident, statements from eyewitnesses, accident reports, and more.
- Work with trusted brain injury experts to fully evaluate the impacts that a victim is expected to experience in the short- and long-term.
- Work with economic experts to properly calculate the total losses a victim is expected to experience.
- Negotiate with every party involved to reach a fair settlement for their client.
Understanding coup and countercoup brain injuries
Coup and countercoup brain injuries are actually two separate types of injuries:
- Coup brain injuries affect the brain directly under the point of impact.
- Countercoup brain injuries affect the opposite side of the brain from where the impact occurred.
However, coup-countercoup brain injuries are those that affect the brain right under the impact site as well as on the opposite side from where the impact occurred at the same time. This is the most severe of the coup and countercoup brain injuries.
These injuries occur in a variety of ways, including car accidents, violent attacks, sports injuries, fall incidents, and more.
Compensation available for this brain injury
There may be various types of compensation available for victims who have sustained a coup or countercoup brain injury. Our skilled brain injury lawyers have a track record of securing the following compensation for clients:
- Complete coverage of medical expenses related to the brain injury
- Lost income if a victim cannot work
- Compensation for physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Coverage of any necessary in-home care
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment images
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
Call us for a free consultation today
If you or somebody you love has sustained a coup or countercoup brain injury caused by the negligent actions of another party, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Flanagan Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Law Firm, we pledge to conduct a complete investigation into what happened so we can secure any compensation you need. You can click here to contact us or call us at (305) 638-4143 for a free consultation.