Miami Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycle accidents can represent a serious financial burden on the victim and his or her family. Since injuries sustained in a cycling accident are often severe, victims often miss long periods of work and incur extensive medical costs. If you or someone you love was the victim of a bicycle accident and you believe that someone else was liable, contact the attorneys at Flanagan P.A. Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Law Firm today to schedule a free initial consultation. We work with Miami area families to achieve fair compensation for tangible and intangible losses.
- Personal injury and wrongful death are our sole areas of focus. We have an in-depth knowledge of the laws that apply to your case and will use that knowledge to achieve maximum compensation.
- We offer free case evaluations to all prospective clients. If your injuries leave you unable to leave your home or the hospital, we will gladly come to you.
- We carry a small caseload, which allows us to dedicate the attention to your case it deserves.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents have a number of causes, and many arise from motorist error. In fact, nearly one-third of all bicycle injuries occur when a bicyclist gets struck by a car. Some of the most common causes of bicycle accident leading to injury in Miami include:
- Turning into a bicycle at an intersection. Pedestrians and cyclists have the right of way, as long as they are obeying traffic signals. Unfortunately, many motorists don’t notice and turn either right or left into a traveling cyclist.
- Opening a door into a passing cyclist in town. Cyclists often ride to the right, but parallel-parked cars may keep them from riding on the shoulder in town. When a motorist fails to look for oncoming bicycle traffic in town, the result can prove devastating.
- Driver inattention. Any form of inattention, such as distracted driving, could lead to a motorist striking a cyclist.
Who Is Liable?
Cyclists and motorists have an obligation to share the road under Florida law. As such, they are both beholden to the laws of the roadway. More often than not, drivers are responsible for injuries a cyclist sustains in a crash since inattention is one of the leading causes of bike accidents.
Victims of bicycle accidents in Miami can protect their rights to compensation by taking several steps following an accident:
- Do not admit fault. Limit all conversations with the driver, aside from requesting insurance information.
- Seek medical attention for any injuries, and follow the doctor’s instructions to make a full recovery. Failure to follow medical instructions could challenge the veracity of your personal injury claim.
- Contact our Miami bicycle accident attorneys for a free evaluation of your case to if you’re eligible to file a claim for damages. A lawyer can help you gain fair compensation for your injuries and hold the responsible party accountable.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
Bicycle accidents can lead to devastating consequences. Victims often require extensive medical care and often lose their ability to work while recovering, so the damage amounts are often high. A Miami bicycle accident lawyer can attain maximum compensation for bicycle accident victims by negotiating aggressively with insurance companies. An appropriate settlement should not only include compensation for medical bills and lost wages, but also intangible losses such as pain, suffering, and loss in life quality.
Contact Us Today – We Can Help
If you recently suffered harm in a bicycle accident in Miami, contact the Miami bicycle accident attorneys at Flanagan P.A. Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Law Firm. Let us negotiate with the insurance companies so you can focus on recovery from your injuries. Schedule your free initial consultation with our firm today.